The Clinical Executive is a clinician that is both an experienced individual contributor and senior team member that provides leadership and expertise in the planning, positioning, and adoption of Trakcare with targeted customers.
InterSystems TrakCare® is a unified healthcare information system based on the most advanced technologies. TrakCare creates a complete view of each patient's history, provides secure access to records at every point of care and on any Internet-connected device, integrates easily with other applications, and delivers real-time active analytics that drive informed actions.
The Clinical Executive is an expert at understanding targeted customer challenges from the clinician’s point of view, including a deep understanding of workflows across the community of caregivers and patients in Sweden. The Clinical Executive will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with clinical and other executive leadership in Swedish healthcare organizations in order to ensure that customers receive immediate, mid term and long-term value from our technology. Internally, the Clinical Executive is an educator that is relied upon to translate and transfer knowledge of the Swedish Healthcare market to other InterSystems team members to advance our products, their positioning, and customer value. The initial focus of this role would be to support our ongoing bid to win and tender activity in Sweden.
· Possess strong grasp of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings
· Experience with health information systems and outcomes measurement
· A contemporary clinician who understands major trends in healthcare delivery, policy, and payment, and is familiar with point of care products and medical informatics trends and tools
· Effectively communicate with a diversity of personalities. Is approachable and presents data with effective communication and presentation skills. Must be an effective consensus builder and influencer.
· Direct experience with healthcare analytics, clinical decision support systems, evidence based medicine, clinical quality measures, and electronic health record systems
· Clinical domain knowledge within healthcare community. Can establish credibility quickly and convincingly.
· Interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills required.
· Previous experience as a CMIO in a multi-organization clinical setting
· Experience in the planning, selection, implementation and performance assessment of health IT solutions.
· A strong leader with a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience who can design and implement systems within the framework of technical boundaries.
Ability to inspire, guide, and direct people towards a unified goal; ability to garner trust through respect and honesty; vision, drive and commitment to achieve, with the intelligence to make it happen; experienced at assuming leadership in group settings; ability to both lead and facilitate, with an instinctual understanding of what the situation requires
Communication & Influence
Enjoys the role of educator, both with customers and internally; explains opinions and positions; uses empathy to persuade others; keeps key people informed; ability to communicate with diverse audiences; ability to facilitate
Ability to collaborate effectively with people of comparable talents and different strengths; handles conflict constructively; avoids being argumentative; willing to pitch in and do the mundane things that need to be done; treats people at all levels and within all roles with respect
Decision – Making / Judgement
Makes considered decisions on less-than-perfect information; identifies critical factors to consider when makings decisions; prioritizes tasks and goals appropriately; assesses risks and returns effectively
Innovative Problem Solving
Understanding of the right problems to solve and the ability to solve them; develops creative solutions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
Composure Under Pressure
Ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease; is positive and level-headed under pressure; adaptable
Passion & Determination
Is goal-oriented and enthusiastic; is energized by challenges; has a strong work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude when faced with obstacles
· MD or DO degree with a minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience required. A minimum of five (5) years of Medical informatics experience is required.