InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry (more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology).
As a Sales Engineer, you will join our successful and rapidly growing North American Sales Engineering Group, and support InterSystems in the Department of Veterans Affairs with our healthcare platform, HealthShare. The role requires strong evangelical and technical skills. It is client-facing, fast-paced, wide-ranging and challenging. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of application development and deployment skills, hands-on coding and strong problem-solving abilities, presentation skills, and sales awareness are essential.
It is imperative that you have a passion for innovation, a passion for the success of the customer and the skills to ensure the best performance, scalability, security and availability of their InterSystems-based solutions.
• Recommending technical application, integration, database and deployment architectures,
• Designing, building and presenting Proofs of Concept (PoCs) in Ensemble and Cache to prospects and partners
• Coordinating with InterSystems' Account Representatives and all other departments to ensure a close, long-term relationship with our clients
• Keeping up-to-date with InterSystems products and industry developments, especially competitive products, and undertake any relevant self-development or training
• Proven, outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Personal presence and health care industry expertise to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to development and delivery managers and senior architects
• A strong, practical knowledge of HL7, X.12 and other existing standards. Exposure to emerging standards
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing the functional specifications for integration projects in the healthcare marketplace, including routing engine
• Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented application development using, for example, C++, Java, .NET
• Demonstrated expertise in SQL and ODBC / JDBC
• Practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux, MAC OS X
• Practical exposure to application servers, e.g., WebSphere, JBoss, TomCat
• Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) experience using InterSystems Ensemble, BEA Software, IBM, SeeBeyond, Microsoft or similar. Proven expertise with InterSystems Caché, Caché Objects, SQL and Object Script is a definite plus
• Prior Veterans Affairs experience preferred
• VistA Electronic Health Records experience preferred
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent