InterSystems develops advanced software technologies that enable breakthroughs. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries.
In 2017 our UK operation continues to go from strength to strength as we secure new projects to implement our HIS system Trakcare. InterSystems provide the premier platform for connected healthcare and our innovative products are widely used in other industries that demand the highest software performance and reliability.
InterSystems TrakCare™ is a connected healthcare information system, a Web-based solution with unified clinical and administrative modules that are interoperable with legacy and future applications. With an Electronic Patient Record at its core, this is advanced software that brings exponential improvements to the care of every patient and to the productivity of every healthcare professional.
For more information, visit InterSystems.com
Playing a lead role in the implementation of the TrakCare solution , the Application Analyst will contribute to the successful and timely deployment of the TrakCare product by providing application knowledge and product delivery services in the functional areas of product implementation, requirements scoping, field design documentation and change request testing.
The Applications Analyst will act as an “expert” product resource for customers and will be expected to communicate and prioritize customer requirements to other areas of the business.
The Applications Analyst will be expected to travel extensively throughout the region and will be required to spend time away from home on a regular basis, but predominantly during weekdays.
Gather and Manage Client Business Requirements
· Analyse client processes
· Identify gaps and possible solutions
· Run TrakCare workshops with the Client
· Be involved in the specification changes
· Produce clear documentation (business requirements/maps, solution document, etc)
· Configure TrakCare product on agreed specification
· Work with Client to ensure data migration and data collection information is gathered correctly
· Document configuration
· Creating test scripts for verifying agreed configuration
· Participate in testing functionalities to ensure they match the specifications
· Participate in testing the migrated data to ensure it works with the functionalities
· Log errors following the standard corporate procedure
· Troubleshoot client issues during implementation phases
· Follow-up on test fixes and work with PM to implement fix
· Distinguish issues from change requests and log following standard corporate procedure
· Train Client key-users on TrakCare functions
· Prepare training materials
· Onsite support for go-live and carry out Project handover to support project team
· Liaise with other ISC departments to resolve any remaining issues
· Assess new business requirements and proactively work with the relevant ISC teams to identify the best solution
· Support colleagues and assist in spreading application knowledge
· Actively pursue opportunities for improving applications and processes
· Maintain consistent and traceable documentation as required
· Learn new functionalities available on the TrakCare product
o Clinical Pathology Accreditation (CPA) Standards for The Medical Laboratory
o Royal College of Pathologists Guidelines on the Retention and Storage of Pathological Records and Archives
o BCSH guidelines
o EU Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Guidelines
o National Laboratory Medicine Catalogue (NLMC)