The Systems Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
· Support the process of installing TrakCare patches/releases/builds on the required TrakCare customer platforms in accordance with quality assurance protocols and Service Level Agreements as agreed with the customer for software release authorization and installation.
· Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for implementations
· Provide support on the data dictionary
· Support and test of TrakCare internal and external utilities, e.g. patching tool, print service, etc.
· Monitor and respond to Technical Team calls on the TRC logging system
· Assist Presales for any technical request such as architecture, configuration, hardware sizing, etc.
· Produce technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s
· Participate in on-site technical training if required
· Participate in on-site technical implementations if required
· Take on responsibility for scripting, maintenance and verification of backups
· Unix or Linux System Administration experience
· Proven complex troubleshooting experience
· Primary administration of servers covering installations, upgrades and day-to-day maintenance and operation
· Creating documentation for the successful support of the service in the production environment and coordinating handover of the service to the technical support team
· Building servers to Group standards for the installation of additional software to create the service. All servers require a high degree of reliability and redundancy in their builds. Documenting the server build for confirmation that standards are kept is part of this task.
· Creating implementation plans for the testing of new services and creating change records required to implement testing using the mainframe-based Infoman application
· Providing a support function to the service project while development is being carried out on the service by other teams
· Working with other technical projects teams to coordinate efforts to bring the service through testing successfully and then into production
· Experience with installing, configuration and managing InterSystems Caché Databases
· Knowledgeable in InterSystems Caché script programming language