Based from our Chilean office, the pre-sales engineer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems' products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market. Product and business strategies are coordinated with the InterSystems Country Sales Manager to apply existing and new products to customers' database and application needs. The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring and training. This role requires roughly 30% travel around Latin America.
· Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
· Knowledge of competing application frameworks and application servers such as .NET, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Django, J2ee. Practical experience with at least one of them.
· Knowledge of Software development processes such as XP, RAD, RUP or DSDM.
· Extensive use of 1 or more databases such as Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
· Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support and deployment.
· Knowledge of HTML5 and developing applications using modern web frameworks such as Angular and design libraries such as Bootstrap with server side communication with REST.
· English language Intermediate/Advanced
· At least 7 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java / J2ee.
· General knowledge of Cloud Infrastructures such as AWS, RackSpace, Microsoft Azure
· General knowledge of Docker Containers
· Proven leadership or technical management in an application development environment
· Experience running formal technical training courses.
· Broad knowledge of IT Industry issues, trends and technical knowledge in any of the following specific vertical markets:
· Degree in computing or a related science discipline