InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We’re looking for elite talent to help us with ever-growing demand for our technologies in the financial sector. This position will be based on our midtown Manhattan office.
Today, 5 of the top 10 Broker Dealers, 5 of the top 10 Asset Managers and 6 of the top 10 Global Banks are our clients. Our platforms help process 14% of the world’s equity trades; our identification technology and database are assisting financial institutions as regulatory compliance becomes more complex. Outside of the Financial Sector, we are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry (more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology).
Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges and a passion for excellence.
As a Sales Engineer, you will join our successful and rapidly growing North American Sales Engineering Group. The role requires strong evangelical and technical skills. It is client-facing, fast-paced, wide-ranging and challenging. The ideal candidate will have a deep background and broad knowledge of the challenges facing broker dealers, retail banks, and an understanding of regulatory, compliance, etc. A mixture of application development and deployment skills, hands-on coding and strong problem-solving abilities, presentation skills, sales awareness, and business acumen are essential.
It is imperative that you have a passion for innovation, a passion for the success of the customer and the skills to ensure the best performance, scalability, security and availability of their InterSystems-based solutions.
• Recommending technical application, integration, database and deployment architectures,
• Designing, building and presenting Proofs of Concept (PoCs) in Ensemble and Cache to prospects and partners,
• Coordinating with InterSystems' Account Representatives and all other departments to ensure a close, long-term relationship with our clients,
• Serving as trusted advisor to our financial sector clients as they adopt InterSystems technologies,
• Investigating and demonstrating the use of Ensemble and Cache with other 3rd party technologies as needed,
• Supporting marketing activities at trade shows, seminars and the like,
• Producing collateral such as white papers, product demonstrations or case studies,
• Keeping up-to-date with InterSystems products and industry developments, especially competitive products, and undertake any relevant self-development or training.
• Proven, outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
• Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills honed over many years as an application developer in the financial sector,
• Strong, practical knowledge of development and deployment patterns of database and integration platforms within the financial sector,
• Demonstrated ability to construct and optimize high-performance applications including database schema, code and deployment topologies.
• Definite Pluses
• Proven expertise with InterSystems Ensemble and Cache technologies
• Solid, practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux, MAC OS X
• Solid, practical exposure to mid-tier application servers and ESBs
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent