The Application Specialist will use their healthcare, business and InterSystems product knowledge to ensure that we contract and implement InterSystems products in a successful, standard and timely manner. The Application Specialist will become an “expert” product resource for customers and will be expected to understand the customer process, assess solution best fit and advise the customer how to best implement the standard solution as early as possible. Advise the customer on driving maximum benefits from the solution, whilst keeping customer specific work to an absolute minimum and liaise with various areas of the business on these accordingly. It is therefore essential, that they keep up to date with new product developments as they become available through the normal product release cycle. The Application Specialist must be available to visit customer sites and may be assigned to projects that require regular travel with the possibility of spending up to 5 days away from home each week.
The Application Specialist will act in accordance with the latest version of the InterSystems ARIES Customer Engagement Methodology, which will be modified from time to time as part of our ongoing culture of continuous improvement. The Application Specialist will undertake the following:
· Review proposal and tender documentation prior to release to customer and inform colleagues on gaps in areas of functionality
· Analyse customer processes
· Identify gaps and possible solutions
· Run Edition Proposed solution presentations with the customer.
· Run Edition Customer Induction workshops
· Consult and advise the customer as to how adopting InterSystems solution could benefit the customer to improve their existing processes
· Propose solutions for customer problems by mapping existing product components and minimize the need for variations from standard ISC products lines including where relevant Regional Editions
· Produce clear documentation (business requirements/maps, solution design document, validation scripts)
· Work with the customer to ensure early data collection information is gathered correctly and as per the schedule
· Log any additional configuration through Edition change process and follow up with product team to close the configurations
· Set up customer site configuration
· Create validation scripts for verifying agreed configuration
· Participate in validating the configured system based on solution design
· Participate in validating the migrated data to ensure it works with the solution
· Log errors following the standard corporate procedure
· Support customer validation
· Troubleshoot customer issues during implementation phases
· Follow-up on test fixes and work with the Project Manager/Product Team to implement fix
· Distinguish issues from change requests and log following standard corporate procedure
· Document Handover Documentation for Support
· Participate in Dry Run process
· Prepare Train the trainer material
· Conduct individual and group training, product demonstrations and workshops as required
· Train Customer Trainers on TrakCare functions as per customer solution
· Provide on-site support to Customer Go-Live
· Liaise with other InterSystems departments to resolve any remaining issues
· Complete the support handover process
· Support colleagues and assist in spreading application knowledge
· Maintain consistent and traceable documentation as required
· Learn new functionalities available on the TrakCare product
The desire to succeed, willingness to go the extra mile, passion for results, healthy sense of competition.
Decision making and judgement
Identifies critical factors to consider when makings decisions; prioritises tasks and goals appropriately; effectively assesses risks and returns; can make considered decisions on less-than-perfect information.
Communication and influence
Is articulate and gives clear, concise, and focused answers to questions; explains opinions and positions respectfully; uses empathy to persuade others; keeps key people informed; ability to communicate with diverse audiences; ability to facilitate. Is friendly, personable and engaging. Identifies the most appropriate form of communication.
Teamwork and collaboration
Ability to collaborate effectively with people of comparable talents and different strengths; handles conflict constructively; avoids being argumentative; willing to pitch in and do the mundane things that need to be done; treats people at all levels and within all roles with respect.
Efficiency and attention to detail
Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy.
Ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease, not set in their ways, enjoys a new challenge, accepts ambiguity and works effectively with all kinds of people at all levels. Is positive and level-headed under pressure; adaptable.
Demonstrates the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and see own actions in terms of the business impact. A strategic thinker will be future-orientated and will be likely to challenge conventional thinking. Considers limitations and solutions at all levels and understand wider implications and consequences of change, collaborating on this with the team.
Displays a hunger for continuous improvement including personal development, product development and team workflow and systems, remaining open to mentoring and advice from senior roles. Applies dedication to personal and professional development.
The ability and willingness to learn from experience and then apply that learning to perform successfully in new situations.
· Excellent communication skills and experience of conducting customer training, workshops and/or presentations
· Excellent consultative skills ability to articulate and communicate ideas
· Experience interacting directly with customers, including clinicians, and confidently delivering strong messaging
· At least 3 years’ experience working in healthcare and a good understanding of administrative and/or clinical processes
· Experience implementing software solutions
· Experience contributing to a multi-disciplined team
· Experience with writing functional documents
· Experience of business process mapping
· Knowledge of Information Systems
· Proficiency in English
· University degree in Nursing
· Clinical specialty- Nursing
· Experience in communicating with key stakeholders at various levels within healthcare organisations which may be government/public and/or private sector businesses
· Experience with EMR systems
· Exposure to IT services in a customer-facing setting
· Previous experience as an Application or Configuration Specialist
· Previous experience of change management
· Good computer skills
· Experience conducting software testing