As an established, privately-held software development company with advanced data capture and analytics technology, InterSystems is well positioned for continued success in the exciting and dynamic Big Data marketplace. InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We’re looking for elite talent to help us with ever-growing demand for our technologies in the financial sector. This position will be based on our midtown Manhattan office.
Today, 5 of the top 10 Broker Dealers, 5 of the top 10 Asset Managers and 6 of the top 10 Global Banks are our clients. Our platforms help process 14% of the world’s equity trades; our identification technology and database are assisting financial institutions as regulatory compliance becomes more complex. Outside of the Financial Sector, we are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry (more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology). With advanced data processing, analytical, and language capabilities (as well as InterSystems famous reliability and interoperability), InterSystems IRIS will be the platform of choice for the next generation of the world's most important applications.
Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges and a passion for excellence.
The IRIS Data Platform team is looking for a hands-on Technology Evangelist to work with customers to define the best technical solutions to meet their needs foster adoption of our newest innovation in data management technology.
• Manage the technical relationship with customers, ensuring that they are aware of the latest product capabilities
• Define use cases with deep understanding of business architecture
• Build and demonstrate Proofs of Concept (PoCs) for prospects and partners to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, features, reliability and/or connectivity capabilities of InterSystems technology to craft a solution
• Investigate & demonstrate the use of InterSystems products with other 3rd party technologies
• Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer's organization to foster the adoption, use and deployment of Product technologies
• Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration and upgrade strategies and operational best practices.
• Install InterSystems software and assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
• Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
• Give corporate presentations to InterSystems' customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events and such venues. Topic includes strategic and tactical technical and business directions and technical product demonstrations
• Carry out formal training courses in InterSystems technologies.
• Support customers and prospects during beta test programs or pre-launch activities and provide feedback to the software development groups.
• Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other InterSystems departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
• 10+ years of experience developing solutions for data management, integration, processing, and analytics, in the financial services vertical.
• Proven business architecture and problem-solving skills honed over many years as an application developer
XPATH), web services (SOAP, REST)
• Strong, practical knowledge of development and deployment patterns of database and integration platforms within several vertical markets
• Demonstrated ability to construct and optimize high-performance applications including database schema, code and deployment topologies.
• Excellent speaking and writing skills including the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Ability to bridge audiences from highly technical specialists to more policy and business-oriented listeners
• Comfortable working in a cross-functional (matrix) role
• Solid, practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux, MAC OS X
• Solid, practical exposure to mid-tier application servers and ESBs
BS in Computer Science, or Engineering