The Technical Specialist will be required to perform custom development tasks and provide support for the technical implementation tools of InterSystems healthcare applications and related products.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for site specific software development activities and to ensure that the software satisfies project specifications and is delivered and deployed in line with project requirements.
The Technical Specialist must be available to visit client sites (e.g. hospitals/laboratories) and implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training. International travel may be required.
· Liaise with client or business analyst in regard to on-going enhancement requests
· Liaise with client or business analyst on any requests for new or modified reports
· Advise and assist Project Managers during implementation
· Manage the resolution of any outstanding acceptance issues before and after project go-live
· Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for related areas
· Support and testing of all InterSystems related utilities, e.g. patching tool, print service etc.
· Production of training materials for technical courses such as system custom development or reporting
· Production of technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, and specifications
· Responsible for participating in on-site technical training
· Responsible for participating in on-site technical implementations
· Responsible for participating in the 24 hour extended support service
· Demonstrates facility with software development, programming, and/or applications; enjoys working with and analyzing complex data and developing software solutions
Innovative Problem Solving
· Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
Interpersonal Social Skills
· Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable and engaging
Efficiency and Attention to Detail
· Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy
· Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her