The Project Manager will plan, execute, and effect the successful sign-off of InterSystems Corporation (TrakCare and HealthShare) projects within Saudi Arabia and UAE according to strict deadlines, within scope and within budget. The Project Manager is accountable for project success and the day-to-day management of project execution which includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to agreed contracts, plans and project milestones. The Project Manager will define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle adhering to the controls within the InterSystems ARIES Customer Engagement Methodology. He/she will be responsible for monitoring customer and any third-party obligations and escalation of any agreed project variances. The Project Manager must be available to visit customer sites and may be assigned to projects that require regular travel with the possibility of spending up to 5 nights away from home each week. This will be regualr travel to Saudi Arabia and within UAE.
The Project Manager will act in accordance with the latest version of the InterSystems ARIES Customer Engagement Methodology, which will be modified from time to time as part of our ongoing culture of continuous improvement. The Project Manager will undertake the following:
Leadership: Happy to accept responsibility, hold themselves accountable for failure as well as success, bring the best out in others, be respected by their peer group and demonstrate a tendency to take charge in group situations.
Drive: The desire to succeed, willingness to go the extra mile, passion for results, healthy sense of competition.
Decision making and judgement : Identifies critical factors to consider when makings decisions; prioritises tasks and goals appropriately; effectively assesses risks and returns; can make considered decisions on less-than-perfect information.
Communication and influence: Is articulate and gives clear, concise, and focused answers to questions; explains opinions and positions respectfully; uses empathy to persuade others; keeps key people informed; ability to communicate with diverse audiences; ability to facilitate. Is friendly, personable and engaging. Identifies the most appropriate form of communication.
Teamwork and collaboration: Ability to collaborate effectively with people of comparable talents and different strengths; handles conflict constructively; avoids being argumentative; willing to pitch in and do the mundane things that need to be done; treats people at all levels and within all roles with respect.
Efficiency and attention to detail: Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy.
Adaptability: Ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease, not set in their ways, enjoys a new challenge, accepts ambiguity and works effectively with all kinds of people at all levels. Is positive and level-headed under pressure; adaptable.
Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and see own actions in terms of the business impact. A strategic thinker will be future-orientated and will be likely to challenge conventional thinking. Considers limitations and solutions at all levels and understand wider implications and consequences of change, collaborating on this with the team.
Continuous improvement: Displays a hunger for continuous improvement including personal development, product development and team workflow and systems, remaining open to mentoring and advice from senior roles. Applies dedication to personal and professional development.
Learning agility: The ability and willingness to learn from experience and then apply that learning to perform successfully in new situations.
· Project Management experience delivering multi-stranded integrated Healthcare solutions in a customer facing role within healthcare organisations which may be government/public and/or private sector businesses
· Experience of full project lifecycle through initiation, execution, Go-Live and closure
· Direct healthcare knowledge or 3+ years’ experience with a Health Information System (HIS)
· Experience managing resources, time tracking, budgets and forecasting
· Experience leading a diverse / multi-disciplined team
· Experience communicating across all levels of an organization
· Experience in managing contracts including third-party contracts
· University degree or 10+ years’ experience managing large, complex projects preferably in healthcare IT
· Technical knowledge in software and implementation processes
· Proficiency in English
· Project Management qualification such as Prince2, PMP or PMI
· Experience in managing large, fixed price engagements in government, public and/or private sector businesses
· Exposure to software development processes and enterprise-level technical architectures
· Senior level management training
· Proficiency in Arabic