The Technical Specialist will be required to perform custom development tasks (including integration to systems and devices) and provide support for the technical implementation tools of InterSystems healthcare applications and related products in a successful, standard and timely manner. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for site specific technical setup activities such as; integrations, data migration, reporting and data extraction, analytics cubes, database updates, environment configuration, management of upgrades and releases to ensure that the solution satisfies project specifications and is delivered and deployed in line with project requirements. The Technical Specialist must be available to visit customer sites (e.g. hospitals/laboratories) and implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training with the possibility of spending up to 5 days away from home each week.
The Technical Specialist will act in accordance with the latest version of the InterSystems ARIES Customer Engagement Methodology, which will be modified from time to time as part of our ongoing culture of continuous improvement. The Technical Specialist will undertake the following:
· Support continuing Edition workshops where required by the Professional Services Director
· Review technical sections of the contracts and other tender documentation and ensure InterSystems delivers its obligations in accordance with the contractual boundaries of development.
· Participate in technical workshops with customers, third-parties and build detailed final technical specifications for technical components in the contract such as integrations, reports, data migrations etc.
· Provide Estimation for Level of efforts for any Change Control Notes (CCNs) based on the specifications
· Develop technical tasks such as integration, data migration, reporting and data extraction, etc.
· Support Data Uploads required to be completed in Setup stage
· Work with the Edition configuration team to plan contracted development into sprints, and deliver against an identified release
· Undertake low level debugging of any issues identified following development release
· Support the Application Analyst/Specialist validation of delivered changes
· Assess raised issues against possible change requests
· Assist in the delivery of detailed handover of all contracted local development to the Support team.
· Participate in Cutover planning and Go-Live dry run activity as required by the Professional Services Director or Project Manager
· Support handover
· Support on site Go-Live activities as required
· Provide assistance to the TRC team when they are dealing with third line support of issues that arise in delivered contracted local development features or other additional developments that arose through Change Control
· Assess and estimate additional changes arising through the Edition change process
· Undertake additional development to enhance the Edition as per identified and approved requirements
· Provide development assistance in the adoption of new modules in to a live customer environment
· Demonstratesfacility withsoftware development, programming,and/or applications; enjoys workingwith andanalysingcomplex dataand developingsoftwaresolutions.
· Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships.
· Excellent communication skills and experience of conducting customer training, workshops and/or presentations
· Experience with SQL, data analysis and database methodologies
· Ability to design and write technical documents
· Well versed in Internet / Intranet concepts
· Experienced in customer-focused interaction
· Proven ability to lead and deliver results as required within specific time frames.
· Good presentation and communication skills
· Ability to conduct training and develop training materials
· Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her
· HL7 programming experience.
· Experience with InterSystems technology and healthcare systems.
· Knowledge of Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards and best practices.