Based from our Paris office, the pre-sales engineer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems' products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market. Product and business strategies are coordinated with the InterSystems Country Sales Manager to apply existing and new products to customers' database and application needs. The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring and training. This role requires roughly 30% travel around France.
· Broad knowledge of IT Industry issues & trends with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in Integration (SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL, BI…).
· Proven leadership or technical management in an application development environment
· At least 7 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java / J2ee.
· Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
· Knowledge of application frameworks including .NET & J2ee & practical experience of at least one major application server (.NET, WebSphere, WebLogic, TomCat, JBoss, Oracle AS 10g, or similar).
· Knowledge of Software development processes such as XP, RAD, RUP or DSDM.
· Extensive use of 2 or more databases such as InterSystems Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
· Proven business analysis and problem solving skills
· Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support and deployment
· English language fluency
· Experience running formal technical training courses.