The Technical Lead will head up the Technical Implementation Services department. They will provide senior, dynamic technical leadership on all technical implementation services activities. They will, in the pre-sale and early post-sale stages of all engagements, direct, coordinate and oversee any necessary technical input to the proposal. Throughout the life of all engagements, they will ensure that the necessary technical work is being completed to time and to appropriate quality, where necessary instructing staff and monitoring progress, and be the lead trusted adviser to customers on technical matters. This will include the overall Line Management responsibility for the department. The technical team is comprised of systems administrators and technical specialists for integration, data migration, and provide assistance to Product Development department as needed.
The duties initially assigned include, but are not limited to:
Other duties may be directed by the Company from time to time.
· Knowledge of web orientated languages, including SQL, HTML, VB script and Java script.
· Experience with data analysis and database methodologies
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Be able to design and write technical documents.
· Well versed in Internet / Intranet concepts and Microsoft IIS.
· Knowledge of Crystal Reports
· Experienced in customer focused support
· Proven ability to lead and deliver results as required within specific time frames.
· Good presentation and communication skills
· Ability to conduct training and develop training materials
· Ability to work within a team in a cross cultural environment
· Available for out of office hours work and willing to travel
· Keen to learn new technologies and new applications
· Experience of InterSystems’ technologies such as Caché and Ensemble.
· Experience of delivering applications to the healthcare sector.
· Software Engineering experience.
· Familiarity with HL7 standards and protocols.
Decision Making and Judgement
Identifies critical factors to consider when makings decisions; prioritises tasks and goals appropriately; effectively assesses risks and returns; can make considered decisions on less-than-perfect information.
Communication and Influence
Is articulate and gives clear, concise, and focused answers to questions; explains opinions and positions; uses empathy to persuade others; keeps key people informed; ability to communicate with diverse audiences; ability to facilitate.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Ability to collaborate effectively with people of comparable talents and different strengths; handles conflict constructively; avoids being argumentative; willing to pitch in and do the mundane things that need to be done; treats people at all levels and within all roles with respect.
Efficiency and Attention to Detail
Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy.
Composure Under Pressure
Ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease; is positive and level-headed under pressure; adaptable.
Demonstrate the ability to see the ‘big picture’. You consider limitations and solutions at all levels and understand wider implications and consequences of change, collaborating on this with the team.
Display a hunger for continuous improvement including personal development, product development and team workflow and systems, remaining open to mentoring and advice from senior roles. You apply dedication to personal and professional development.