As an established, privately-held leading software company with advanced data management and analytics technology, InterSystems is highly rated by the analyst and is well positioned for continued success in the exciting and dynamic data marketplace. InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We’re looking for elite talent to help us with ever-growing demand for our technologies in the financial sector. This position will be based on our midtown Manhattan office.
Today, 5 of the top 10 Broker Dealers, 5 of the top 10 Asset Managers and 6 of the top 10 Global Banks are our clients. Our platforms help process 15% of the world’s equity trades; our identification technology and database are assisting financial institutions as regulatory compliance becomes more complex. Outside of the Financial Sector, we are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry (more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology).
Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges and a passion for excellence.
Sales Executive is primarily responsible for the recruitment of new accounts for InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. This includes managing all aspects of prospective and existing application and solution partner accounts in order to generate sales revenue and ensure a productive and profitable business relationship. Key accountabilities are to win new logo business, and develop long term revenue streams from new customers.
Understand competitive landscape and how InterSystems IRIS Data Platform fits into a total enterprise solution
• Develop key Account relationships, identify sponsors, and nurture technical, alliance and sales relationships to ensure that InterSystems is considered a critical strategic partner
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the political and organizational structure of a targeted prospect
• Act as the principal liaison between InterSystems and accounts; develop and continuously update account profiles
• Understand competitive landscape and how to overcome competitive objections
• Introduce InterSystems IRIS Data Platform and build a pipeline of new activity within and outside the customer base
• Meet with senior executives (CIO,CTO VP Development,, LOB MD) on a regular basis to identify a Vision to Value Profile detailing tier key “must solve” problems
• Represent InterSystems at sales conferences to promote IRIS Data Platform and services
Work with teams globally as needed to further business opportunites
• 8+ years related sales experience
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer and logo acquisition. Strong understanding of how to grow an under-developed or under-penetrated territory
• Hunter profile focusing on new business
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience selling software solutions for data management, interoperability, transaction processing, and analytics in a variety of industries in the US marketplace
• Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
• Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicating it’s value proposition
• A proven closer, able to garner commitment every step of sales process
BS degree or equivalent